Founded in 1928, the estate was bought by the great grandfather but has mainly been developed by the father, Edmond Duclaux.
Today David and Benjamin work manually their 5.8 hectares of vines on the narrow terraces of the Tupin and Semons hillsides.IIn the will to respect their incredible environment, they do not use any insecticide or acaricide.
Also they want their Côte-Rôtie to reflect the southern ‘terroirs’ of the Côte-Rôtie appellation expressing the finesse and the balance of the gneiss soils.
“Brothers David and Benjamin Duclaux have ratcheted up their game considerably as this has become one of the best of the small estate bottlers of Cote Rotie. Their cellars and vineyards are at the southern end of the appellation, in the sectors known as Coteaux de Tupin and Maison Rouge. – R.PARKER.